Tuesday, October 18, 2011

5 Months

WOW! That is all I can say. I'm so surprised at how time is flying by. It seems like just yesterday I brought Keifer home and now he is all over the place. Keifer has changed so much in his short 5 months and I'm blessed beyond belief that God chose me to watch all his changes day by day. He is so much fun and I wake up every day looking forward to what he is going to do that day. There is never a day that goes by that he doesn't put a smile on my face and laugh.
Our biggest blessing weighs 12lbs. 12oz (0.6 percentile) and is 26.5 inches long. (71 percentile)
Keifer wears size 1 diapers and size 0-3 months in clothes
He laughs, smiles, and talks all day long!
Keifer is rolling all over the place and I'm learning that the days of laying him and leaving him are over. One evening we were playing in his room and I left him on the floor to go check on dinner and when I came back in he was on the other side of his room with his hands holding onto the bottom of his hutch, feet over his heading resting on the hutch and just saying ahhhhh, ahhhhh, ahhhh, Defiantly a memory I will never forget and one that makes me smile every time I think about it. He is so good grabbing things and holding things with his hands. He loves to pull his toys off his mobile. I'm pretty sure his only objective when you lay him under it is to make sure he gets all the toys off it. He is so curious and alert!!! Which is not a big surprise, however if you have something he has to have it and he wants to put everything in his mouth. I have changed Keifer's schedule this past month for his last feeding to be between 6:45-7:00 and he is asleep by 7:15-7:30 for the night. He recognizes people other than Jason and I which is fun to see him get excited. With that being said he is starting to cry and get scared when people he doesn't know try to hold him or get in his face. Last but not least, my all time favorite, is the facial expressions he makes. He has such a big personality and I can't even begin to imagine what he is thinking when he makes some of his faces!!!!
I'm looking forward to what the future holds and I love watching the world through Keifer's eyes. There is nothing to bring you back to reality then watching a new life begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment